We recognise that virtually all the activities in the legal sector have some impact on the environment. As a leading law firm, we want to be admired as a responsible business, judged by our performance as a business and our environmental performance. We have identified significant impacts and opportunities which we can control or influence in the pursuit of protecting the environment. These include our contribution to climate change through energy use and business travel, our use of resources, specifically paper, and our generation and disposal of waste.
We are committed to minimising the potentially harmful effects and maximising the benefits through a programme of continual improvement to enhance our environmental performance.
To achieve this, we will:
- comply with all applicable environmental law and regulation and with other requirements that may apply to our activities, by developing registers of legislation and good practice. The registers will be periodically reviewed to ensure that we comply with our obligations;
- measure, manage and monitor our environmental impacts, set environmental objectives and targets for continual improvement, and review and report on our performance annually, both internally and externally;
- take all reasonable steps to reduce our negative impacts through effective management, ensuring that we protect the environment, including preventing and reducing pollution and reducing, reusing, recycling and recovering our waste;
- reduce our greenhouse gas emissions through improvements in the energy efficiency of our premises;
- incorporate low carbon technologies and reduce the negative impacts caused by both our operations and business travel;
- research opportunities and implement proposals for investing in a low carbon future;
- integrate sustainable procurement and sourcing into the relevant business functions and use our buying power to select products and services from suppliers with appropriate environmental credentials; and
- raise awareness about environmental issues and this policy through effective communication channels such as the intranet, our environmental champions, staff training and new staff induction.
This policy applies to the whole of Rosewood Law Limited and covers those environmental aspects which we can control or influence. It will be reviewed annually, or more frequently in light of significant or organisational changes.
It will be made available to all our staff, contractors and key stakeholders through our website and is available upon request.
Sarfraz Suleman Salim Issa
Sarfraz Suleman Salim Issa
Next review: October 2020